Teen Photo Contest
The Caldwell Public Library, as part of its Centennial celebrations, will be holding a photo contest for local students. The entries will be displayed in the library during the month of November 2017 and the exhibit will be titled Caldwell: From Dawn to Dusk. The purpose of the contest is to capture scenes that represent the essence of life in modern day Caldwell, NJ.
The winning photographs will be placed in the library’s time capsule for the next generation to get a glimpse of what life was like in Caldwell in 2017.
WHO MAY ENTER
Eligibility: The contest is open to all middle and high school students who live in the Caldwell-West Caldwell School District, as well as students who attend the West Essex Regional School District, Trinity Academy, and Mount Saint Dominic Academy.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted in digital format through our online submission form. To enter, visit http://cpllhc.omeka.net/contribution and complete the entry form.
- All photographs must be of a place, item or person located in Caldwell, NJ at any time of day or night taken between April 1, 2017 and September 22, 2017.
- All photograph submissions must be JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- The photograph and the description must be an original taken and written by the contest entrant.
- Though entrants retain copyright in each image submitted, the digital image file(s) submitted will not be returned.
- Obscene, provocative or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered, and such determination is solely at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Each entrant may submit up to five photographs and accompanying descriptions.
- Each description should be between 100-200 words.
- Entries must be received by September 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- By participating in this contest, entrants grant the Caldwell Public Library permission to use the photographs for publicity purposes.
The judges of the contest will use the following criteria when determining the winners:
- Photographic Quality
- The quality and content of the description explaining how the photo is a representation of life in Caldwell, NJ in 2017