Caldwell Public Library welcomes teen volunteers in Grades 8-12 to help with after-school and summer children’s programs, crafts, and special projects year-round.
What do Teen Volunteers do?
- Be a Reading Buddy for a child in Grades K-2
- Help with after-school science, art, Lego, storytime, and crafts programs
- Prepare crafts, design our bulletin board, and decorate the children’s room
- Take photos, find coloring pages, help with web research for programs
- Participate in special programs: Princess Tea, Read Across America Day, National Library Week, Star Wars Day, and more!
Busy, but want to help?
We welcome volunteers even if you can only volunteer occasionally, an hour a week or only during the summer.
We realize how busy your schedules are and we can be flexible. But our staff needs to know in advance when volunteers will be working.
If you commit to a schedule and can’t make it, you must notify us promptly with a call or email.
We are happy to provide a reference for our volunteers whether a letter is needed for National Honor Society, a service club commitment, a job, or a college application.
How to become a Volunteer
Fill out a Teen Volunteer Form and we will contact you to schedule an interview.
If you’re accepted, we will confirm your volunteer shifts, get you trained, and you’re good to go.
Questions? Stop in and talk to Jessica, email email@example.com, or call 973-226-1636