NJ Makers Day
- Saturday, March 21st at 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Featured Activity: Make a Bath Bomb
- Ages: Grades 2 through Teens
- Registration is required due to limited materials and space. Click Here to Register.
- Drop in for crafts, building challenges, button making, and more!
- All ages fun!
Sing-Sign-Dance! with Miss Nina
- Tuesday April 7th at 10:30 a.m.
- Best for Ages 2-6
- Nina Music brings her “Sing-Sign-Danc
e!” program back to the Caldwell Library! Nina incorporates sign language and directional movement into her music for a uniquely high-energy and fun performance.
ick Here to Register
Miss Kris is out on maternity leave from January 7 - the end of April. Story time coverage begins the first week of February. See below for more! Please remember, our children's room is always open when the library is open for kids to read, color, and play. We look forward to seeing everyone at the library.
*Please note date and times of each program*
Books y Libros
- Every Other Tuesday starting February 4th at 4:30 p.m. ( Feb. 4, Feb. 18, Mar. 3, Mar. 17, Mar. 31, Apr. 14, Apr. 28)
- Open to All Ages
- Expose your child to a treasure of language, books, songs, and of course fun at our Monday afternoon bilingual storytime! Books y libros is a storytime presented in both English and Spanish by Miss Hannah, a Caldwell University grad student. Program is open to all ages. Meets every other week from Feb. 4th - April 28th.
- ¡Introducir tus niños al tesoro de lenguajes, libros, canciones y por supuesto para divirtirse en la hora de libros! Books y libros es una hora de libros presentado en ingles y español de Señorita Hannah, una estudiante de programa de Maestría en Caldwell University.
- Click Here to Register (Walk-ins also welcome)
Wee Time with Miss Danielle
- Mondays at 10:00 a.m. (Feb. 10 & Feb. 24, Mar. 9 - Mar. 30)
- For babies up to age 2 1/2 with caregiver.
- We are excited to welcome Miss Danielle to the Caldwell Public Library during February and March while Miss Kris is on maternity leave. Wee Time is a fun, interactive storytime program for babies and toddlers up to age 2 1/2.
- Click here to register. Drop-
ins also welcome.
Bendy Bookworm with Miss Danielle
- Mondays at 11:30 a.m. (Feb. 10 & Feb. 24, Mar. 9 - Mar. 30)
- For children age 2 1/2 - 5
- Join Miss Danielle for a twist to traditional storytime. Stories come alive when children actively participate with movement. Weaving traditional yoga poses and breathing exercises together with story books and rhymes brings a new physical element to literacy; teaching focus, attention, and body awareness/contr
ol. No yoga mat required to attend.
Please Note: This program replaces Little Readers during Miss Kris's Maternity Leave.
- Click Here to Register
Wee Music with Miss Michelle
- Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. (Feb. 6 - April 2)
- For babies up to about age 2 1/2 (pre and early walkers)
- Miss Kris is on maternity leave but the Wee Music fun continues in February and March with Miss Michelle! This hands-on sensory themed program invites little ones to use various props like shaker eggs, scarves, and bells. Program lasts about 30 minutes.
- Click Here to Register. Walk-ins welcome.
Music and Movement with Miss Michelle
- Thursdays at 11:30 a.m. (Feb. 6 - April 2)
- For Children age 2 1/2 - 5
- Miss Michelle continues the dancing and fun while Miss Kris is out on maternity leave! This weekly music and movement program is best for children ages 2 1/2 -5 years old. Children move, stretch, dance, plus use various props like musical instruments, rhythm sticks, and a parachute.
- Click Here to Register. Walk-ins Welcome!
- Wednesday Jan. 22, 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m., Wednesday Feb. 26, March 25, and April 22, 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Best for Children Age 5-8
- Children practice reading to a certified therapy dog. Registration for each individual event is required. Please call the library at 973-226-2837 to set up your time slot. Friends and siblings who wish to read together may do so.
*If your child is currently paired with a reading buddy, please continue to coordinate with them. New pairings are on hold, however, until Miss Kris after returns from her maternity leave at the end of April. She anticipates new pairings can begin in early May. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding. If you are interested, please still fill out a form so that she can address upon her return. *
- Make Your Own Schedule with your child's reading buddy!
- For children learning to read or who could use some extra practice
- After registering, children are paired with a teen reading buddy volunteer. Parents/Caregivers create a schedule with their child's reading buddy. Meetings take place in the library. Please note program availability depends on the number of volunteers.
- Click Here to Register.
*Book clubs are on hold while Miss Kris is out on maternity leave.*
STEM at the Library
- First Wednesday of the Month at 7:00 p.m. starting in February (Feb. 5, Mar. 4, Apr. 1)
- Best for Ages 7-10
- Join us the 1st Wednesday of the month in February, March and April for STEM activities. Best for ages 7-10.
- Click Here to Register.
After Dark Art Club
- Second Wednesday of the Month at 6:00 p.m. starting in January (Jan. 8, Feb. 12, Mar. 11, Apr. 8)
- Best for Ages 7+
- Calling all young artists! Stop by the library for a themed art project once a month in the Children's Room.
- Click Here to Register.
Legos in the Library
- Lego Club has a new time starting this January!! Third Wednesday of the Month at 6:00 p.m. (Jan. 15, Feb. 19, Mar. 18, Apr. 15)
- Best for Ages 6+
- Stop by the library for fun Lego challenges!
- No Registration Required