Fall Activities for teens at the Caldwell Public Library include two new programs - Teen Game Night and a New Graphic Novel & Manga Club. Plus we're adding a second TAC meeting each month. Our Pages to Popcorn book to movie club continues as well.
PAGES TO POPCORN
Read the book then watch the movie with other teens. Defend which you liked better! Snacks provided.
- Saturday November 23 at 1:00pm
- Ages 13+
- November's book/movie is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Stop by the Youth Service desk on the 1st floor to borrow a copy of the book before we watch the movie together on 11/23
TEEN GAME NIGHT
Stop by the library one Thursday a month for our new Teen Game Night program! We'll have a Wii and tons of games for you to play, plus board games put out. Open to Ages 12+. No registration required. Run by by the Teen Action Committee.
- Thursday 9/26, 10/17, 11/21 and 12/19
- Ages 12+
- No Registration Required!
GRAPHIC NOVEL & MANGA CLUB
Hang out at the library with Miss Abby and chat about your favorite graphic novels and manga. Program will include activities like origami, drawing, writing your own stories, debates plus more! .
- Second Wednesday of the Month Starting October 9th at 4:00 p.m. (10/9, 11/7, 12/11, 1/8)
- Ages 10+
- Click Here to Register (Walk-ins also welcome!)
TAC Winter Holiday
Join us at our last TAC meeting of the year for a fun end of the year teen volunteer party! We'll have snacks, play games, and more. TAC will plan the activities, but all Caldwell Public Library Teen volunteers (or those thinking of becoming one) are invited! We hope to see you there!
- Wednesday December 18th, 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Ages 12+
- Please RSVP so we get enough snacks and treats! Click Here to RSVP
TEEN ACTION COMMITTEE (TAC)
Take action and get involved! Join our Teen Action Committee! Teens age 13+ help run programs, assist with collection development, think about ways TAC can give back, and so much more. TAC members earn volunteer hours at every meeting. Members are expected to be active in the club and attend meetings. We'll have two meetings a month to try to accommodate different schedules and provide more opportunities for involvement.
Attend a Meeting:
- TAC meets the 2nd Thursday at 4:00 p.m. and the 4th Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday November 14th at 4:00 p.m or Wednesday November 20th at 6:00 p.m.
- We will be planning our December party at our Thursday meeting in November.
- We will be assembling gingerbread houses for our gingerbread house decorating program at our Wednesday meeting in November.
- (Members may attend one or both.)
Get Involved in TAC!
- Fill Out a Volunteer Form
- Meet Age Requirements: Tee
n Action Committee Members must be at least 13 years old
- Email the Youth Services Librarian, Kris, re your interest: kchurchill@cald
- Join the TAC Remind Group
le app: rmd.at/taccpl (you will prompted to download the remind app if you don't have it already installed)
- web browser: remind.com/join
- Then...be an Active Member: Attend meetings and help out at Library programs and events, especially those planned by TAC!
Become a Reading Buddy!
Become a Reading Buddy! Reading Buddies is a program that pairs a teen volunteer with a child who is learning to read.
How to become a Reading Buddy:
- Fill out our volunteer form HERE
- Complete the Reading Buddies Sign Up Form HERE
- Attend a training session
- Wednesday Sept. 18th @ 6pm
- Monday Sept. 30th @ 4pm
- Future training sessions will be scheduled as needed.
- Get paired with a little buddy
Contact Kristen, the Youth Services Librarian, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions