Word Herd: T.M.S.B.C.
(Ages 11-14) Book Club for grades 6-8. Meets the 4th Wednesday of the month at 4pm. CLICK HERE to Register.
Next Meeting: Wednesday May 22nd at 4pm. (There will not be a meeting in June.)
Reading: A Mystery of your choice!
Read a mystery book of your choice. Then come to the meeting to tell us about it. Maybe someone else read the same book as you or maybe someone will want to borrow it for themselves! We'll have fun sharing our favorite books (or complaining about the ones we hate!) while eating snacks. Our new Children's Assistant, Abby, will be at the program, so stop in to say hello too.
Teen Action Committee
Attend a Meeting:
- Wednesday April 17th at 3:00pm
- Thursday May 9th at 4:00pm
- Thursday June 13th at 4:00pm
Get Involved in TAC!
- Fill Out a Volunteer Form
- Meet Age Requirements: Tee
n Action Committee Members must be at least 12 years old (7th grade)
- Email the Youth Services Librarian, Kris, re your interest: kchurchill@cald
- Join the TAC Remind Group (Under 13: parents must join, Over 13: teens join themselves)
le app: rmd.at/taccpl (you will prompted to download the remind app if you don't have it already installed)
- web browser: remind.com/join
- Add Your Name to the TAC Meeting/Event Sign Up Sheet HERE
- Then...be an Active Member: Attend meetings and help out at Library programs and events, especially those planned by TAC!
Become a Reading Buddy!
Become a reading buddy! Teens age 13-17 are invited to learn about our Reading Buddies Program at this informational meeting. Reading Buddies is a program that pairs a teen volunteer with a child who is learning to read. (A volunteer hour will be earned for attending the meeting. If you have not done so already, please:
-Fill out our volunteer form in advance of the meeting HERE
-Complete the Reading Buddies Volunteer Sign Up Form HERE
Contact Kristen, the Youth Services Librarian, via email at email@example.com with questions