- Caldwell Library cardholders ages 18 and above with unexpired cards in good standing
(no fines or fees) are welcome to borrow a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- There is no fee to borrow the Hotspot unless it is returned late, damaged or lost. (see below)
- Borrowers must sign our Electronic Device Agreement before checking out a pass for the first time to confirm that they have read and agree to abide by these rules.
How long may I keep the Hotspot?
- The Hotspot may be borrowed for two weeks (14 days).
OUR REGULAR HOURS are Mon & Fri 9-5, Tues &Thurs 9-8, Wed 12-8 and Sat 10-4.
SUMMER HOURS: Same as above except Closed Saturdays in July and August.
- Only one Hotspot per household can be borrowed at a time.
- Any returned device must remain in the library for 24 hours before a patron, or another patron living in the same household, may check it out again.
- A patron, or another patron living in the same household, may borrow a device no more than 3 times in a 2 month period.
How do I reserve a Hotspot?
- A Hotspot may be reserved either in person or by phone. Hotspots may be available on walk-in basis.
- Reservations may be made up to 30 days in advance.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Hotspots may be picked up only by reserving cardholder, who must show their valid library card.
- A reservation is forfeited if the Hotspot is not picked up on the reserved day by closing time.
How do I Pick Up and Return the Hotspot?
- Hotspots must be picked up and returned at main Circulation Desk. They may not be returned in the Book Drop or at another library.
- There will be a $10 fee if the device is returned in the Book Drop or to another library.
What if I return the Hotspot late or lose it?
- There will be a $10 late fee for each day the device is overdue.
- If the Hotspot is damaged, the patron will be charged a $100 replacement fee.
- If the Hotspot is lost or stolen, the patron will be responsible for the full cost of the device.
- If the Hotspot is not returned within 10 days the device will be disabled and the borrower will be charged a $100 replacement fee.