Work at the Caldwell Public Library
Part-Time Library Assistant, Youth Services
The Caldwell Public Library is seeking a personable, highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join its friendly staff. The ideal candidate must have the ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the general public, especially children, and to maintain effective, creative, collaborative and comfortable working relationships with library colleagues.
• Assists Youth Services Librarian prepare for programs, create print brochures and flyers to promote programs, deliver promotional materials to media outlets and schools, and cover the circulation desk as needed.
• Charges and discharges library materials, collects fines, registers and renews library patrons and issues library cards.
• Assists the public in use of library resources and equipment.
• Retrieves materials to fill library patron requests; packages and routes those materials as required.
• Assists in accepting reserves for library materials, handles loan requests, and notifies library patrons when materials are available.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Experience working with children required
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Extensive experience with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite and/or iWork Suite, and social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Candidates who are active library users or are familiar with library services are desirable.
This is a part time position of approximately 16 hours per week. Must be available to work Tuesday and Thursday evenings and at least 1 Saturday per month.
Submit cover letter and resume to Claudine Pascale, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org