Caldwell Public Library welcomes teen volunteers in Grades 8-12 to help with after-school and summer children’s programs, crafts, and special projects year-round.
What might Teen Volunteers do?
- Help maintain the Children's Room by shelving books, organizing puzzles and games, and more.
- Help prep for programs like storytimes and other activities
- Assist with our Summer Reading program
- Occasional opportunity to assist during a children's program
- Become a Reading Buddy
- Teen Volunteers who want to be more involved in planning and running events should join our Teen Action Committee
How to become a Volunteer and Important Things to Keep In Mind
- Fill out a teen volunteer application HERE
- Please email or call the Youth Services Librarian (Kristen) about your interest: email@example.com or 973-226-2837
- The teen who will be volunteering should contact Kristen regarding their interest, not the parent or caregiver. Only requests sent from the Teen will be answered.
- It may take up to 2 weeks to get trained and started as a volunteer.
- Applying to volunteer does not guarantee volunteer hours are available within the time frame needed.
Busy, but want to help?
We welcome volunteers even if you can only volunteer occasionally, an hour a week or only during the summer. We realize how busy your schedules are and we will try our best to be flexible.
If you commit to a schedule and can’t make it, you must notify us promptly with a call or email.
We are happy to provide a reference for our volunteers whether a letter is needed for National Honor Society, a service club commitment, a job, or a college application.